♫ Royal Hunt – Another Man Down
Ohai, I found a moment to post here, I've been busy having fun. I won't get back to Berlin posts yet since writing one would take longer, but Clementine Dahling from Unlacing the Victorians was such a darling and nominated me for this Liebster Award a few days ago. So, in order not to forget the whole thing, I'll post it here now. Thank you, Clementine Dahling!
Answer the questions the tagger has set for you.
Create 11 questions for the people you tag.
Choose 11 people and link back to them.
No tag backs.
11 things about me:
1. Surprisingly for a person like me who's been into alternative subcultures for long, especially those which are strongly visual and visually radical, I'm not into tattoos. Don't get me wrong: I don't hate them, I'm not like the elderly who strongly disapprove of stamps on one's skin. I've never wanted to get tattooed, and not because I would be afraid of the operation itself. Sure, if I knew what I could possibly want to carry in my skin for the rest of my life, I'd ignore any possible pain and such. But I don't have any such desires. Besides, I'm a graphic designer and thus, visually very picky. I'm not sure who I could trust enough to do something like that for me. And no, I couldn't design a tattoo for myself as I always learn to hate my work rather quickly.
2. And, as a person who's got close enough to such subcultures which fancy all things dark and romantic and grotesque, I'm such an exception that I don't really like vampires. No book or movie or TV series or anything can catch my attention or interest merely by having vampires in it, quite the contrary. I think they are just boring, and there's absolutely nothing sexy about sucking blood off other people's neck. That's just disgusting. And vampire teeth are just, ugh...
3. And since I've thrown in some hints about certain subcultures, let's say that I do not consider myself a part of any. But I mostly party with metalheads or goths.
4. Since I just revealed this secret to someone special, I guess I can reveal it in my blog as well: I fancy men in suits or otherwise slightly "formal" attire. If a man is good-looking to begin with, he's stunning in a suit.
5. Lately I've slowly begun to flow farther away from the MMO scene to playing games all alone, and I've found it surprisingly satisfying. I thought I would always need company to truly enjoy RPG.
6. My typical breakfast consist of two slices of bread with cheese and tomato, a kiwi fruit and lots of milk.
7. Even though I'm generally very insecure, it doesn't affect the way I dress much. It takes much more to strip me off my confidence clothes wise than it would take if someone was to criticize my work too harshly.
8. Although I like alcohol, I'm relatively strict about how much I allow myself to drink. I've never been drunk, only slightly tipsy. I have no reason to be ashamed of things I've done because of alcohol.
9. I'm good at screwing up my sleeping patterns.
10. I saw Dreamtale live four times in the spring and now I have a feeling that "it's been a while" and want to see them somewhere again. Unfortunately, they're not playing much.
11. Sometimes I wish I had more courage to do spontaneous and strange things.
The questions I got:
1. Name one thing you despite that seems to receive a lot of hype.
Despise? Apple? That came to my mind first, though I could come up with something else as well.
2. What's your favorite animal?
I've grown up with dogs, so naturally they're quite important to me. Family hobbies taught me to like birds. I used to go in for horse-back riding, so I really like horses as well. Finally, dolphins are fascinating.
3. Name one subculture you don't "get" or understand and why.
In a way I "understand" them all, but then again... I haven't figured out what's so interesting about hiphop culture and such. On one hand I can probably understand, but I just cannot like it myself.
4. What was your favorite class in school?
5. What's your favorite pop song? (my boyfriend's a metalhead yet absolutely loves "Total Eclipse of the Heart," for example. It happens to the best of us.)
Can I say Total Eclipse of the Heart as well? Or it depends on what can be considered pop here. If synthpop goes, which I listen to quite a lot, then Ultravox's Hymn.
6. What action-movie move or skill do you wish you could have?
I would be fine having a bit more strength in my muscles. If I could thus be more agile, it'd be perfect.
7. What's the most ridiculous Halloween costume you ever wore?
Unfortunately, we don't really celebrate the holiday in Finland.
8. What's the best prank you ever played (or was played on you?)
Oh well... I don't like pranks that much, but we did some phone pranks as a kid. The best was, when calling a number we didn't know..:
The random person: Hello?
Me: Hi, is Charlie (used a Finnish name though) there?
The random person: No, no Charlie lives here.
Me: Ah alright then, bye.
...and a few moments later, calling the same number again:
The random person: Hello?
A friend: Hi, it's Charlie, has anyone missed me?
9. Favorite animated movie (can be adult-themed content)?
Oh but I love animations and can barely choose the absolute favorite! Though let's say Howl's Moving Castle.
10. Cats or dogs?
11. What's your dream job?
A graphic designer, so yeah. :>
My questions for the people I tag:
1. Do you like your real name?
2. What is your favorite social media?
3. Do you like soundtrack music, and if so, which movies or TV series have the best ones?
4. What did you like to read when you were a child?
5. Your favorite time of the day?
6. What do you enjoy most about blogging?
7. If you could live in any kind of apartment anywhere you wanted, what and where would it be?
8. Which languages do you speak and which ones you don't, but would love to?
9. Is there any song which strongly reminds you of some certain incident in your childhood, and if so, what is it?
10. What is the most unbearable or annoying kind of pain which you've encountered more than once in your life? (So if you have had to have your appendix operated or if you've broken a bone once, it doesn't count, but rather something typical such as headache, a sore throat, an aching stomach...)
11. How old were you when you got your first email address?
And I tag (less than 11 people, 'cos I think so many have received this award already):
Cpt. Purple @ Purple Sails at Midnight
Arkkienkeli @ Polyvinyylikloridi
Seriously, I don't follow so many blogs and I have a feeling most of the others have got this already. Lots of lovely blogs out there. So long!